Monday, July 5, 2010

Will I See You Again?

Writing by the window
By the moon’s soft glow
Cooled by a gentle breeze
As the grass whispers a song
I wonder where you’ve gone?
As I Wait for your promised return
My days blend in
And long nights never end
I just want to know
Will I ever see you again?

Another day begins
I’m writing to you again
I don’t know what else to do
I’m lost and alone
I’m afraid, you know
Of the things I hear at night
So please come home
You’re quite busy I know
But I miss that silly grin
I just want to know
Will I ever see you again?

I want to leave town
The despair unbearable now
It’s been months
Since I’ve heard from you
Are you ever coming home?
Where else do you have to go?
How much longer must I lay in wait?
As I write with my pen
I dream of days back when
I just want to know
Will I ever see you again?

I wrote to you to say
I feel it all slipping away
What was there is now gone
Like a candle’s fading light
I fear you’ve lost your sight
The distance has taken its toll
So goodbye my best friend
We will never be again
Yet I still yearn for the time
When I will see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment