Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Choice


I peer down the hallow
Of a long endless road
It don’t go right,
Don’t go left,
And for how long
No one knows?
For miles and miles
There ain’t nothin’ around
If not for the wind,
There wouldn’t be a sound
The sun bakes hot
Burnin the ground ash white
I can’t take the heat
So I only walk at night
With withered legs
That Shuffle through the dirt
Tryin to keep the focus,
Off my bloody feet;
They hurt.
I must keep movin,
Just one more inch
If I keep going,
maybe then…
Sittin on the shoulder
With my face sunk in
I ask the Lord
To receive my soul
And Just then
I noticed a fork in the road
I rejoiced!
Cried tears of sand
Tears of a man
Whose faith had long since died
Yet I rejoiced,
Right then and there
I still had miles to go,
But now I had a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment