Sunday, March 3, 2013

Abandoned

This is my hobby. For better or for worse I gas up my vehicle and drive the open road going, OOoo!! At this moment I slam on the breaks, whip out my camera and get to work.

When this happens photos like the this one are created with my camera.

An abandoned farm structure lies, well... abandoned. :/

I liked the photo in black and white... it just seemed fitting.

I can't tell you how fun this is for me. There's something about these structures that speaks to me. It's like I can feel the energy flowing from these structures. Like they were once the pride and joy of a family and were taken care of and nurtured as precious necessities. Most of the things we hold dear in life are like this; merely material and are destined for abandonment. Don't believe me? Go to your local Gamers and ask for an original 1985 Nintendo. Betcha they'll dig one out of an old box full of video game guts and dust it off and kindly ask you for $20 so you can take t home.

Amazing how everything material we have is destined for decay just like this old barn. The only things we should hold onto are each other.

That's my two cents. What do you think? Feel free to comment on the photo itself as I'm trying to improve my photography skills. Don't be afraid to be mean, I have a tough outer shell.


No comments:

Post a Comment